Raves for THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES!
See what the critics had to say about the movie based on the best-selling novel, below!
- "Three and a half stars. Enchanting. I just plain fell for this movie." Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES
- "A special film with a big heart." -- Ben Lyons, AT THE MOVIES
- "The buzz is out. 'The Secret Life of Bees is smart, sassy and deliciously sweet." -- Prairie Miller, WBAI RADIO
- "Magnificent! A movie experience everyone will love." -- Shawn Edwards, FOX-TV
- "Dakota Fanning gives an astonishingly perceptive performance. Not since Jodie Foster has there been a child star with such range and sensitivity." -- Leah Rozen, PEOPLE
- "Adapter-director Gina Prince-Bythewood has made an honorable movie, wonderfully attentive to the skills of its excellent cast, that turned this devout cynic into a believer." Richard Corliss, TIME
- "If you were moved by the book you will find this adaptation affecting and emotionally satisfying." Claudia Puig, USA TODAY
- "'The Secret Life of Bees' is an enriching viewing experience." Clint OConnor, CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER
- "A wonderful film. Theres hardly a performance onscreen that isn't transfixing. Plan your weekend around this one." -- Colin Covert, THE MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE
- "Queen Latifah is the kind of actor who makes you sit taller, breathe deeper, feel stronger. Her poignant work in Gina Prince-Bythewood's 'The Secret Life of Bees' merits a pillar in the movie colonnade alongside those of Gary Cooper, John Wayne and Denzel Washington." Carrie Rickey, PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER
- "You'll care about these characters and hope they live happily ever after." Ruthe Stein, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
- "August is the films emotional center, and Queen Latifah's wry sense of gravitas anchors it... Okonedo's face is a marvel. Every thought, every emotion flickers across it like clouds obscuring the sun." Michael O'Sullivan, WASHINGTON POST